Pages

Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Whoa, where has the time gone?

Yea, one day you're drying Lavender and the next a month has gone by.

In the past few weeks, I have done a lot of packing and unpacking and moved to a new place on the opposite side of where we were in Auckland. The difference? When Jen and I walk into the supermarket people stare at us. I kid you not.

Anyhoos, the new place has a nice big multi-fuel burner, which we have already used a few times because Auckland cannot decide whether it wants to be hot or cold. All I want right now is to have all the boxes unpacked and my clothes out of bags.

In the meantime, I've been proofreading academic essays, writing, proofreading and writing. I'm finally getting round to some reading as well. Last week I finally picked up a copy of House of Leaves, which I aim to read at leisure. Otherwise it might kill me.

Right now - and I have to share this, as I'm typing this, I am watching an episode of Magnum, P.I. on Youtube. I'm enjoying it way too much (I blame nostalgia), but I have to say -  Magnum, you're pants are too stone-washed and way too tight. But Tom Selleck sure has pretty eyes.

Sold a short story last week, but remaining mum until I've done some minor editing. Mumzy.

Man, Magnum was so much better than Knight Rider.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's been a couple of years since I watched any Magnum, but I seem to recall that it had aged a little better than the average 80s show. :)

Lynne Jamneck said...

It really has. I now want to look up episodes of Automan, Airwolf, The A-Team and Murder She Wrote to compare!