Pages

Thursday, October 2, 2008

OMG The Eighties Are Back! (Finally!)

I've been waiting for someone to bring back the 80's in a stylish way and boy, does Ladyhawke do it magnificently. Currently a darling of the Brits, Ladyhawke (aka Pip Brown) is a New Zealand musician currently best known for her single "Paris Is Burning". It's a great song, but personally I feel there are much stronger tracks on her debut album (and really, there's not one weak track among the list), such as Dusk Till Dawn and Back of the Van.

Ladyhawke is the love-child of Pat Benetar, Kim Wilde, Stevie Nicks and Blondie. I rarely get excited about new music these days; everything sounds the same. I might be entering that phase where I believe that I've already heard the best of my generation and tend to listen to artists I'm already familiar with. But even I like to be proven wrong every now and again.

For a review of Ladyhawke's debut album, click HERE

No comments: